Stroke, popularly called “Attack” is a disorder of the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain
This disruption causes a sudden lack of oxygen causes brain cell death in the affected part of the brain.
* Stroke is the leading cause of disability worldwide,
* The number of people living in France is estimated at 500,000,
* While the number of new cases per year is estimated at about 130,000.
* 25% of people die, other sequel usually keep more or less important and definitive.
There are two main types of stroke:
* Ischemic stroke or cerebral infarction (80% of stroke). It is then the occlusion of a cerebral artery by a blood clot that has either formed within the cerebral artery or another artery detached from the body and was carried by the blood flow to the brain (embolism).
* Hemorrhagic stroke (20% of stroke). This time it is the rupture of an artery causing interracial hemorrhage (15% of stroke) or the rupture of an aneurysm (malformation of the arterial wall) that causes bleeding (5% of stroke).
In general, the lesions affect only one side of the brain.
* If the left hemisphere is reached, the mover is affected half of the body is paralyzed then. Lesions are also disorders of language, writing, the left-right orientation.
* If this is the right hemisphere, it is the appreciation of distances, orientation, difficulties covering or attention will be predominant.
They may involve the musculature system and leave half his body paralyzed, and sensory and create or modify, view to remove the patio-temporal.
85% of victims have risk factors but there is still time to reduce them.
The stroke does not occur in anyone. In 85% of cases, victims have risk factors. Among them:
* The atherosclerosis, diabetes and hyperglycemia.
* Hypertension or cardiac arrhythmia.
* And most importantly, the number one enemy of the artery: smoking.
Prevention of stroke aims to limit these risk factors and follow a healthy lifestyle. To do this:
* Consider a checkup. It is to make every five years for the age of forty and beyond every two years.
* To do so also chosen lifestyle away from the “reasonable”.
Other arguments should lead to visit:
* The constant stress.
* The unexplained headaches.
* Or frequent nosebleeds and spontaneous.
Control of blood pressure eliminates a primary risk factor is not negligible. Regarding diabetes, cholesterol or triglycerides, it is a biological, medically prescribed which will point the excesses of the body. It will then, according to the results, consider changing his lifestyle with a diet less rich in animal fat, a little more exercise, that is to say the exercise as a daily walk an hour about, and if necessary medication.
All these wise decisions will flee the sword of Damocles that hangs over some heads. And what is tobacco? It is true that the decision to stop belongs to everyone.
Relatives of the affected person are helpless in the face of situations, more or less heavy that result.
* Aphasia or language disorder and understanding. Words fail or lose their meaning. The patient can not speak and write (due to paralysis of the arm) and read sometimes. This disrupts the relationship to another. Speech therapy personalized, intensive and early decreases disorders and their consequences. The involvement of the affected person and his family and another success factor. (75% recovery).
* Partial paralysis: physio sessions are essential, they are prescribed when the patient arrives at the hospital. But the question is often “what does the physiotherapist can provide?”. Physiotherapy is indeed the center of care, whether hospital or outpatient. A comprehensive booklet on this rehabilitation is available on the website. Ensuring the dissemination of this document, the order of physiotherapists and France want to stroke reach the largest number of patients to enable them to build together the best rehabilitation program can improve their quality of life.