Allergic bronchitis is a type of respiratory disease in which the lining of the bronchi becomes inflamed due to allergens. These can vary depending on the person and their immune system since allergies vary from one person to another.

They often give themselves symptoms of allergies and some very similar to asthma so they are often confused. Allergic bronchitis can easily be confused with asthma because they have very similar symptoms, although its causes are actually very different. Thus, symptoms of asthma and bronchitis are:

symptoms of bronchitis

  • Shortness of breath and shortness of breath
  • Hyperventilation
  • Chest tightness
  • Persistent cough, which may be accompanied by phlegm
  • Wheezing, which is whistling or wheezing that occurs when breathing
  • Fever, although usually if given is usually very low
  • The symptoms of allergic bronchitis are almost always respiratory rate but also may be accompanied by some allergic as:
  • Runny nose
  • Constant sneezing
  • Rashes
  • Red or swollen eyes
  • In most cases the first symptoms of allergic bronchitis occur in early childhood.

Causes of Allergic Bronchitis

Allergens are substances that produce an allergic hypersensitivity reaction in some people. Our body detects the allergen as a foreign body and this causes the immune system to react to this by releasing substances that cause the symptoms of allergy. So when our body detects allergens take protective measures for the immune system and these defenses are allergic symptoms.

In many cases, this hypersensitivity to certain allergens is given by genetics, so there are parents and children, who are allergic to the same things, but it is not always the case and allergy may occur throughout life even in adulthood.

In the case of allergic bronchitis these substances cause excessive action of the bronchial tubes causing them to swell and block the airway or even produce mucus in the area expelled as phlegm.

Medical Treatment of Allergic Bronchitis

When we notice allergy symptoms such as those mentioned above, you should see a doctor. This can refer you to an allergist or order some allergy testing directly. The tests are usually small marks on the skin where a very small amount of the substance to be tested is injected.