The fight against this terrible disease is seeing its greatest successes in breast cancer. Campaigns awareness have contributed to time  increase investment in the treatment and cure of it so that every day we know more about it which means that over the years better data are recorded healing and quality of life. Thanks to the studies on the matter it was discovered that many women suffering from this condition had relatives who had suffered so it was concluded that, at least in these cases genetics have some relationship to it.

Predict the prognosis of breast tumors

The result of the research showed that in most of the cases, genetic predisposition is had for developing breast cancer. Consequently, we proceeded to family genetic studies of women who had passed as a measure of prevention. Perhaps the role of genetics in such cases was the first step towards the clinical trial has found a possible way to fight the disease. Researchers of this institution Barcelona wondered what would happen if analyze the molecular composition of tumors.

As usual, a brilliant question is followed by a surprising answer and, this time, with great impact on the present and the future prognosis of breast tumors. Knowledge of the biological neoplasia provides physicians with enough data to predict future development. This means that you can fine-tune the treatment that attacks the cancer so the chances of success multiply. According to statistics, the survival rate is 80%, while in the other 20%, many are hypersensitive to hormonal therapies.

Breast tumor

The leader of the research team, Dr. Aleix Prat says that, despite the complexity of cancer, know its inner workings allows them to differentiate their structure. So, thanks to this method of prognosis of tumors of breast treat sensitive tissues from the point of view hormonal more accurately it will be easier. Doctors can design a specific action plan for each case with the possibility of adding in the same behavior recurrences and metastases in the future as their genomic patterns are very stable and therefore have a very predictable behavior.

At this point one could say that therapies based on patient age or in places where there has been metastasis are ending. We could consider it as good news given that this point is subject to many inaccuracies: not all people react the same age the same nor do all organs.